Heroes’ Monument and Soviet Soldiers’ Monument
In front of Saint Nicolas Church from Tîrgu Neamț, in a park of approximately 2,000 square meters, there can be seen the Heroes’ Monument.
The construction was raised in 1926, in the memory of the heroes from Neamț who died in the Great War for the Integration of the Romanian people from the period 1916-1919.
Built from rock, in an architectural style specific to the Romanian commemorative monuments in between the two world wars, the monument has three marble plaques applied on the façade and on the lateral parts of the monument.
1916 – 1919
On the main façade, under the cross sign, there is engraved the period 1916-1919 when Romania participated, with great efforts, at the victory of the Entente against the Central Powers. Next, in the order of military ranks, there is a list of the heroes who died in war.
On the right lateral façade, under the slogan “Heroes are not to be mourn, they are to be praised”, there is engraved “For the eternal exaltation of the heroes from the Ţuţueni suburbs of Tîrgu Neamț who died on the homeland’s altar. Raised in 1926 through the work of a committee under the presidency of honor of Mr. Colonel Fotin A”.
On the left lateral façade there are mentioned “those who contributed with assiduity and donations”.
After the Second World War, here, in this park, it was raised a monument dedicated to the soviet soldiers who died in the battles undertaken in the area of Tîrgu Neamț, in the summer of 1944.